Battle Of The Bay Intersquad 2018
Head Over Heels (Emeryville) vs. SB Gymnastics (Palo Alto)
ROTATION SCHEDULE: TBC
Powered by TURN and the hard-working head coaches of each program, the "Battle Of The Bay Intersquad" is a fun team-building boy's competition to help teams prepare for the coming season. Two beautiful team trophies are up for grabs: one to the club with the highest compulsory team score and a second to the club with the highest optional team score. Team scores are made up of the two highest scores per event, per level.
This is a casual event with limited seating available but parents will be allowed to enter certain areas of the gym floor to get some great views and angles for photos. There is no cover charge for spectators, so bring family and friends and be loud!
The host gym is Ford Center Gymnastics Training Facility (365 Galvez Street, Stanford, CA 94305):
With so many levels, divisions, and age groups in the JO Program it is becoming a rarity that team-mates get to compete alongside each other. For this reason we will follow a unique team score system which we hope will make for a fun and intense inter-team competition. We are expecting loud cheering and support, because regardless of level and age, gymnasts are on the same team! This will be a useful way for coaches to check each gymnasts readiness for the season, for gymnasts to test out some new skills, and most of all make some new friends and have fun. It is also a low cost meet, at $50.00/gymnast, each gymnast will receive a little gift and score card.
Saturday & Sunday, December 15-16, 2018
Compulsory Team Trophy (L4-L7) - Saturday, December 15th
- Capital Cup format (warm up event, compete event, rotate to next event) for all compulsory gymnasts.
- Open stretch warm-up will begin at 1:00pm, march in at 1:20pm.
- Expected end time is 4:00pm.
Optional Team Trophy (L8-L10 + JD) - Sunday, December 16th
- Giving gymnasts a taste of the future, the Optional session will be run like an NCAA team competition, each team will be made up of 6 gymnasts per event only, with the additional rule of 1 L8, L9, L10, and JD score to count within the 6 scores.
- Gymnasts will have an opportunity to compete an event if they do not make their team line up.
- Open stretch warm-up will begin at 3:00pm, first event to begin at 4:45pm.
- Expected end time is 7:00pm.
2018 RESULTS: (WILL BE AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD HERE UPON EVENT COMPLETION)